I am convinced that Jesus would be fired within his first few months of becoming a pastor in a typical church. Here is why:
1. He would shrink the group before he grew it.
2. He would do most of his ministry outside the four walls of the church.
3. He would bring the “un” ones (dirty, flirty, and rejected) into his inner circle.
4. He would confront the status quo in the church at large.
5. His hair would be way too long to be taken seriously. Below the ears is risky but below the shoulders? Seriously?...
This is why we need transformation in our congregations!