20:1 Early on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene came to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the tomb.
Their first day of the week was Sunday. Ours is Monday, or, at least that is a more accurate description of the setting that Easter morning.
Not a day off for reflecting, worshiping, or leisurely spending time with family. In first-century Palestine it was back to the daily grind and for the 99 percent…
Added by Bill Rose-Heim on April 7, 2012 at 3:49pm — No Comments
I am convinced that Jesus would be fired within his first few months of becoming a pastor in a typical church. Here is why:
1. He would shrink the group before he grew it.
2. He would do most of his ministry outside the four walls of the church.
3. He would bring the “un” ones (dirty, flirty, and rejected) into his inner circle.
4. He would confront the status quo in the church at large.
5. His hair would be way too long to be taken seriously. Below the…Continue
Added by Brenda Rossy on April 5, 2012 at 2:41pm — No Comments