A few weeks ago, we asked a couple of the Groups on The Intersection if members would be interested in participating in an Advent devotional project. Based on the response, we're launching TWO devotionals - one for photos, and one for written reflections.
Each day during Advent, we'll post the day's written devotional and photo devotional on the home page of The Intersection. After they appear on the home page, they will be moved to a Forum where members can still read and view the devotionals (in other words, they won't get deleted, just moved).
If you'd like to participate in the written devotional, we've published instructions in the Reflections and Devotionals forum. Click here to go there now.
If you'd like to participate in the photo devotional, here are the instructions:
1. Download the attached PDF files with the daily lectionary readings (one for November, one for December). Advent begins on Sunday, November 29, through Christmas Day.
2. Pick one day and ONE reading (from among the 4-5 listed for that day, on the PDF), and post that information (your day and the reading) here in this Forum as a reply. This will help others to know which days are still available and which are taken.
3. We ask that you PLEASE scroll down and read which days are already taken before choosing. If the day you wanted is already taken, please choose another day.
4. Submit one of your own photos (can be one you've taken previously, or a new one), based on the reading you have chosen. Please include a few sentences about why you chose the particular image and text.
5. Email your photo and information to Rebecca Woods at email@example.com by Sunday, Nov. 15.
Don't forget to include, in the email, your name, the date your photo should appear on The Intersection, and the lectionary reading you chose. Please include the Bible translation you used, also. (i.e. NRSV, NIV, KJV, etc)